Thursday, June 5, 2014
Twenty Phobias Troublesome for Voiceovers
The blog is a real quickie this time around.
I present twenty phobias that might get in the way of a voiceover career.
1. Atychiphobia- Fear of failure.
2. Atelophobia- Fear of imperfection.
3. Bibliophobia- Fear of books.
4. Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia- Fear of money.
5. Chronophobia- Fear of time.
6. Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions.
7. Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise.
8. Gelotophobia- Fear of being laughed at.
9. Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.
10. Isolophobia or Autophobia or monophobia - Fear of solitude, being alone.
11. Kakorrhaphiophobia- Fear of failure or defeat.
12. Laliophobia or Lalophobia- Fear of speaking.
13. Logizomechanophobia- Fear of computers.
14. Logophobia- Fear of words.
15. Macrophobia- Fear of long waits
16. Metathesiophobia- Fear of changes.
17. Phonophobia- Fear of noises or voices or one's own voice; of telephones.
18. Ponophobia- Fear of overworking or of pain.
19. Psellismophobia- Fear of stuttering.
20. Sesquipedalophobia- Fear of long words.