Monday, November 25, 2013

A Blog in Your Own Voice?

What Better Way To Strut Your Stuff?



I took a look around the Internet. There are voiceover video blogs and a few like Rob Paulsen, Terry Daniel and Trish Basanyi who do audio pod-casts featuring guests. But very few, if any, professional voice actors who write a blog deliver that blog in their own voice. To this I ask:

Why the hell not? You're missing an opportunity.

I have to admit that I have only been doing a blog for about ten months. After I had written about six, it dawned on me that my primary craft is not being showcased here. If I'm going to write something, like a blog, every week or so as a component of my total marketing outreach, shouldn't I also voice it as well? It just made sense. So, since May every time I write a blog I also go into the studio and deliver that blog in my own voice. Then I add an audio player featuring that audio at the very top of each blog page.

I regularly read blogs from some of the top voices in our industry. I have also made it a point to visit a lot of other blogs by voice artists. I've found several that feature their demos and examples of their completed projects, to that I say bravo! But very few, if any, voice their own blogs.

If someone has a very good reason not to, I'd love to hear it. Leave your comments below here on the blog page.


So, for now, I guess I'm the Lone Wolf.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome but will be moderated due to spammers leaving promotional messages. Sorry that I've had to do this.